As I've gotten to know new people recently (on planes, in new venues, etc.) I've been thinking about ways to get to know folks without using the old -- what do you do? So... this got me to think about even more questions that I would find interesting-- you likely have your own 13-- feel free to share with me, each other, your staffs and your patients... surely this will be a way to continue to build a culture of curiosity and questioning.
1. How would you spend your time if you didn't need money?
2. What do you think the future will be like for you? What's your favorite childhood memory?
3. What's the best thing that's happened to you in the last few months?
4. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
5. Who are you most grateful for and why?
6. What's the best thing someone has ever done for you (or if you prefer- you have done for someone else)?
7. What's the best thing about your life right now?
8. What's the last thing you learned?
9. What are you most curious about?
10. If you had to give a lecture/talk, what would the topic be?
11. In 50 years, what is one innovation/idea that you think will be ubiquitous?
12. What's the best question you've ever been asked?
13. What are the best questions you’ve used to get to know close friends, acquaintances, and strangers?
Feel free to share!